Foreign Branch/ Rep Office
The Commercial Companies Law also covers the formation and regulation of branches and representative offices of foreign companies in the UAE and stipulates that they may be 100% foreign owned, provided a local agent is appointed.
To establish a branch or representative office in Dubai, a foreign commercial company should proceed as follows:
Apply for a license from the Ministry of Economy and Commerce, submitting an agency agreement with a UAE national or 100% UAE owned company. Before issuing the license, the Ministry will:
Forward the application to the Department of Economic Development to obtain the approval of the Dubai government;
Forward the application specifying the activity that the office or branch will be authorized to undertake in the UAE, to the Federal Foreign Companies Committee for approval;
Once this has been done, the Ministry of Economy and Commerce will issue the required Ministerial license specifying the activity to be practiced by the foreign company;
The branch or office should be entered in the Economic Department’s Commercial Register and the required license will be issued;
The branch or office should also be entered in the Foreign Companies Register of the Ministry of Economy and Commerce.
Finally the branch or office should be registered with the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The following documents will be required for foreign company branch:.
- Trade license copy of Parent company.
- Chamber of Commerce Certificate. (Arabic Translated, Attested by UAE Embassy and Min. of Foreign affairs)
- Memorandum of association for Parent company (Notarized, Arabic Translated, Attested by UAE Embassy and Foreign affairs)
- Board resolution of Parent company authorizing manager(Power of Attorney) (Notarized, Arabic Translated, Attested by UAE Embassy and Foreign affairs)
- Board resolution of Parent company to setup branch company in Dubai(Notarized, Arabic Translated, Attested by UAE Embassy and Foreign affairs)
- Manager’s passport copy.
- If manager is residence visa holder in UAE then NOC is required from his employer.
- Company profile and business plan.